- How do I open my account?
- Is there a minimum amount I need to invest to open an account?
- How long does it take to open an account?
- Who is your typical client?
- Can I dial a direct number for trading related calls?
- What is a margin deposit?
- Where are my funds held?
- What types of accounts can be opened with Shajar?
- Is there a restriction to place any particular type of order?
- What does the account application pack contain?
- Can I authorize someone else to operate my account on my behalf?
- How do you notify clients about their order executions?
- What does an investor gain by buying shares?
- Is there any alternate way for order placement, in case of unavailability of systems?
- Am I able to trade paper shares?
- What safety measures are taken to protect my account?
- What are the risks of securities trading?
- Does Shajar Capital provide real time market data?
- Do I have different order-type capabilities?
- How the orders are accepted, processed, settled and cleared via the internet?
- How do I transfer my account from another firm to Shajar Capital?
Q. How do I open my account?
To open an account, you are required to fill in the complete account opening form along with the submission of necessary documents. Account opening form can be downloaded from our website or obtained from our office.
Q. Is there a minimum amount I need to invest to open an account?
Yes, we offer two types of accounts. Minimum investment requirement for each account and features offered are as followed:
|Minimum Account Opening||Rs. 5,000||Rs. 500,000|
|Web Based Trading Interface - Online|
|Order Placement over phone|
|Mobile Trading Application|
|Email Research Reports (Technical & Fundamental)|
|Access To Research Portal|
|Equity Trader Facility|
Q. How long does it take to open an account?
Once all documentation is completed and approved, you will be able to access your account. Investment/Trading can begin once your account has sufficient funds.
Q. Who is your typical client?
Our clientele includes both institutions and individuals.
Q. Can I dial a direct number for trading related calls?
For trading questions, you may contact +92 21 36490023
Q. What is a margin deposit?
Account holders are required to maintain a 30% cash margin for MTS and futures contracts against their outstanding trades, as stipulated in the Account Opening Form. This margin requirement is subject to the market condition; in case market volatility increases, the margin requirement shall be increased accordingly. Further, as per the requirement of regulators, only cash margin shall be considered against open positions in futures.
Q. Where are my funds held?
The credit amount of the account holder shall be kept by the broker in a dedicated bank account which shall not be used by the broker for his own business. The broker is responsible to provide an account summary on a fortnight basis.
Q. What types of accounts can be opened with Shajar?
Shajar Capital offers the following types of accounts facilities for its clients:
-   Individual Account
-   Joint Account
-   Corporate Account
-   Online Account
Q. Is there a restriction to place any particular type of order?
The following two restrictions apply on trading:
-   Wash trade: A wash trade (not to be confused with a wash sale) is a form of market manipulation in which an investor simultaneously sells and buys the same financial instruments.
-   Short sale: To profit from a decrease in the price of a stock, a short seller borrows the shares and sells them, expecting they will be cheaper to buy back in the future. The owner is not notified the shares are loaned to the short seller, but this action does not impede the owner from selling at any time.
Q. What does the account application pack contain?
The complete set of account opening forms consists of:
-   Individual/Joint or Institutional Account Application.
-   Account Opening Form for Sub-account in CDC.
-   Commission Structure
The above forms require you to provide basic client information and trading instructions. These details are meant to facilitate client trading and allow beneficiaries to claim investments conveniently. In addition to basic information, we require some form of documentary identification: for retail accounts this is a copy of your attested CNIC (or passport); for joint stock companies this includes copies of founding documents, board resolution etc., in compliance with domestic law
Q. Can I authorize someone else to operate my account on my behalf?
Q. How do you notify clients about their order executions?
-   Telephonic calls
Q. What does an investor gain by buying shares?
-   Capital gains from price changes